A Little words and tears on Google Reader


I can’t stand. I need say something about Google Reader death. I’m sad and deeply disappointed about. I’m disappointed with Google for getting rid of this great tool. I’m an enthusiastic reader of blogs. You can actually can find some tips about what to read if you’re interested on the same stuff than I’m. I used to follow all posts about Startups, geeks, marketing, big data, apps, Smartphone market, Chile, and so on. As you can see it’s quite difficult to get updated by just remembering all the good websites that I ever found on the Web. Thus when I realized that Google Reader existed I was a real happy guy and many times more productive. It sounds nerd: I’m a proud one!


So what to do?
Well, you have no much choice. You must cry and move on. I’m personally using Feedly. It’s pretty similar to Google Reader and actually they both are integrated if you signed in using your Google account. Once you open up your Feedly page you can instantly access to all your pages on Google Reader. Visually, its lay out can be set up and in general terms is pretty easy to use. However it’s still a bit stupid sometimes when you want to configure and organize your sites for a fast catch up. You miss that deep-human understanding that only Google can offer. All in all I personally think is a reasonable choice even though you don’t have all the advantages of having your services fully integrated under the same supplier.
I can also recommend you this article on Mashable by Christina Warren where they explored all the alternatives available on the web for changing your old friend. I explored some of them before picking Feedly. I hope it’ll be helpful in your choice.

R.I.P. Google Reader!